Sunday, September 12, 2010

C4T #1

The teacher posted in his blog about skyping with Professor Garibaldi from Emory University. He had contacted the teacher about skyping with his class so they could learn about how he uses math in rock climbing. The teacher asked the students to think of questions to ask the professor while skyping. He posted some of the student’s questions on his blog. And they were all very interesting questions. I commented on his blog telling him I thought it was a very fun and interesting way to teach math and show how it can be used everyday. I said I hope the children have fun with this activity and they will all learn something new and take something positive away from it.

In the Second post I commented on by Karl Fisch was very interesting. He had read an article in one of his local newspapers that said “Summer is almost over, and the disappointment of returning to class…” He was very frustrated by the comment. He said that most students, teachers, and faculty are excited about returning to school. He felt like it gave school a negative image. I agree that the comment could give schools a negative image, but I also felt like it would hurt other student’s excitement for school. Those that read the comment may think other student’s their age are not excited about school so in turn they will not act as excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment